Over the course my long and varied life, I’ve had cause to invent several things – mostly as a result of necessity.
- The thing I’m most proud of having brought into being is the mental health feelings/function compass which I recreate below:
This came may need a little explanation – I’d been receiving treatment for years and had been making massive progress but still woke up every morning feeling like death. I started to question whether any of the struggle had been worth it and was in danger of slipping into a negative feedback loop. Then, I realised that I was actually in a better-able-to-do-function state than I had been for years and that Depression wasn’t so much a spectrum as a compass with desired good health being somewhere in the top right – to move from the far end of the bottom left quadrant to half way through the bottom right quadrant was progress indeed. Having realised this I started to feel better too. I’ve since spoken with lots of people who’ve not seen anything quite like it before and reallly could do with putting the word about more.
- Breast in the Hole – as discussed in my best man’s speech.
- Reflective light in photos masquerading as eyes – hadn’t seen this done before so it was a fresh discovery for me:
These beauties speak for themselves.
- Renowned cyber-hangout Timbo’s Eats and Drinks Emporium
- The unused book title “A Ragtag Rag-Bag of Filthy Rags
Six out of ten ain’t bad – this is all I have for now.